Governing body meetings
Governing body meetings allow the CCGs to make important decisions about how local services are planned and paid for. They are held in public - and there is an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions at the beginning and end of the meeting. Questions can be submitted in advance either in writing or via email.
Select a date below to download papers:
Ashford and Canterbury governing bodies meet ‘in common’, where both governing bodies sit in the same room and discuss the same items, but make individual decisions. The South Kent Coast and Thanet meeting is also ‘in common’.2019
Thursday 30 January 2020 – 2.30pm – 5.00pm, Riverside Vineyard Church, Thanet Way, Whitstable, Kent CT5 3JQ
Thursday 26 March 2020 – afternoon – Riverside Vineyard Church, Thanet Way, Whitstable, Kent CT5 3JQ
- Thursday 9 May 2019 – 2.30pm - 5pm – Invicta Chamber of Commerce, Ashford Business Point, Waterbrook Avenue, Sevington, Ashford, Kent TN24 0LH
- Thursday 4 July 2019 – 2.30pm - 5pm, Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce, Ashford Business Point, Waterbrook Avenue, Sevington, Ashford, TN24 0LH
- Thursday 5 September 2019 – 2.30pm - 5pm, Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce, Ashford Business Point, Waterbrook Avenue, Sevington, Ashford TN25 4AB
- Wednesday 25 September - 10.10am - 11.10am, Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce, Ashford Business Point, Waterbrook Avenue, Sevington, Ashford, TN24 0LH (This is an extraordinary meeting)
- Thursday 7 November 2019 – Please note start time and venue: 2.50pm - 5pm, Kent Invicta Chamber of Commerce, Ashford Business Point, Waterbrook Avenue, Sevington, Ashford TN25 4AB. The annual report will be presented at this meeting.
Primary Care Commissioning Committee Meetings
The four east Kent CCGs have responsibility, delegated from NHS England, for commissioning local general practice (GP) services. They have established a Primary Care Commissioning Committee (PCCC) to make collective decisions on the review, planning, and procurement of GP services for east Kent.
They are held in public - and there is an opportunity for members of the public to ask questions at the end of the meeting.
Written questions from the public: Any questions relating to Committee meeting papers which are received in writing three or more days in advance of the meeting will receive a verbal response at the meeting, and the response will be appended to the minutes of the meeting. Please send your question, along with a contact telephone number or e-mail address, to:
Chair of the East Kent Primary Care Commissioning Committee
Written Questions from the Public
Canterbury & Coastal CCG
Kent, CT1 1YW.
Or via email to: email@example.com with the subject heading EK PCCC Questions from the Public
Select the date to download papers:
- 23 January 2020 - 09:30-11:30, Thanington Resource Centre CT1 3XE
- 19 March 2020 - 09:30-11:30, Thanington Resource Centre CT1 3XE
East Kent Joint Committee of NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups
NHS Ashford Clinical Commissioning Group, NHS Canterbury and Coastal Clinical Commissioning Group, NHS South Kent Coast Clinical Commissioning Group and NHS Thanet Clinical Commissioning Group have established a joint committee to consider the future of urgent and emergency care, and elective orthopaedic care, in east Kent.
The Joint Committee holds its meetings in public and observers are welcome to attend. Dates, venues and papers from the meetings are available here.
Kent and Medway Joint Committee of CCGs
The eight Kent and Medway CCGs have created a joint committee, through which they can consider and undertake joint commissioning decisions on behalf of their organisations.
The Joint Committee has formal delegated authority from each of the CCG Governing Bodies to make decisions around the commissioning of key services that require countywide strategies to improve health outcomes across the whole population. This includes areas such as stroke and cancer services.
More information regarding the Joint Committee, agendas, and meeting papers can be found here.