Posted by Daniel Harper at 03/06/2019 13:07:22
The NHS is looking for people of different ages and backgrounds with experience of local health services to contribute to the next stage of improving healthcare both in and out of hospital in east Kent.
Earlier this year, the Sustainable Health Care in East Kent Joint Committee of NHS Clinical Commissioning Groups gave the go-ahead to evaluation of two options for future health services.
The aim is to make sure local people get the best, most effective hospital care when they need it – and more care, treatment and support out of hospital when they don’t.
Now the NHS is looking for 40 members of the public representing the diverse population of east Kent to scrutinise proposals for how the evaluation of the two options will be carried out.
People taking part don’t need to have previous involvement or knowledge of the hospital proposals, but do need to be able to:
- read (or listen to) a little bit of background information before the event
- attend a workshop on Thursday 18 July 2019 in Canterbury from 9.30am to 4pm to discuss how the options will be assessed against key criteria and consider some of the emerging evidence.
The NHS is looking for a mix of views and experience including:
- patients and carers who are young people, parents, working age adults, or retired
- people with experience of using A&E for physical or mental health problems
- people with experience of inpatient treatment at Kent & Canterbury, Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother and William Harvey hospitals
- people with long-term conditions that have led to regular hospital visits, or their carers
- parents with experience of maternity or hospital services for children in east Kent.
Lunch and refreshments will be provided, and travel expenses can be reclaimed. Health professionals will be part of a similar workshop at the same time.
Views from the public and health professionals at this workshop will inform the evaluation process that will lead to a recommendation on which options go forward to public consultation. No decisions will be made until after a formal public consultation.
More information about the possible options is available at https://kentandmedway.nhs.uk/where-you-live/plans-east-kent/east-kent-options-summary/
Register your interest or pass it on
You can register your interest in this event by completing this form. If you know other people or networks of people who may be interested, please pass on this invitation. Expressions of interest must be received by Monday 24 June. Places will be confirmed on Wednesday 26 June.