Posted by Hayley Smith at 09/11/2016 09:07:51
The Kent Transformation Plan for Children, Young People and Young Adults, which was originally published in December 2015, has now been refreshed.
The Kent Transformation Plan was developed with children, young people, professionals and partners who have been working locally and across CCGs to deal with the challenging issues of mental health and wellbeing.
Local and county-wide needs have been examined, as well as provision and good practice, and we have developed and designed a whole-system for Kent which puts children, young people and young adults at the heart of services.
The key areas of Transformation within our plans are to:
- increase the role of Universal services: To challenge stigma and deliver good emotional wellbeing at every opportunity.
- invest in early intervention to ensure that children and young people are able to access the right service at the right time.
- deliver services and support from birth to 25: This will ensure that support no longer changes at age of 18 but responds to the individual needs of a young person as they follow their own unique path to adulthood.
- meet the needs of vulnerable young populations.
- improve access to prevent emotional and mental health problems occurring during childhood and adolescence
Read more about the refreshed Kent Transformation Plan for Children, Young People and Young Adults. Alternatively, read the summary document.