Posted by Alex McNally at 23/06/2017 16:36:25
Local people are being invited to meetings this summer to help further develop plans to improve health and care in east Kent.
The events will focus on the work being undertaken to improve the range and quality of NHS services available in local communities and GP practices. There will be an opportunity to find out more about local plans, provide feedback and ask questions.
There are five events to offer people a choice of when and where is most convenient for them:
- Canterbury 29 June 2017
- Deal - 4 July 2017, 1.30pm to 4.30pm, The Landmark Centre, 129 High St, Deal CT14 6BB
- Ashford - 6 July 2017, 1pm to 4pm, Holiday Inn Central Hotel, Canterbury Rd, Kennington, Ashford TN24 8QQ
- Romney Marsh - 11 July 2017, 1.30pm-4.30pm, Marsh Academy Community Hub, Station Road, New Romney, TN28 8BB
- Thanet - 27 July 2017, 1pm-4pm, Yarrow Hotel, Ramsgate Rd, Broadstairs CT10 1PN
Extra listening event, please come along and have your say:
- Canterbury - 3 August, 6pm-9pm, The Canterbury Academy, Knight Ave, Canterbury CT2 8QA
For more information on these events and our plans, visit our page on Transforming Health and Social Care in Kent and Medway.
The events are part of an ongoing conversation between local NHS and social care organisations and the public about how to achieve the best possible health and care system for the future.
They are a chance for people to:
- hear about how services will be distributed and provided differently in the future, with more care being provided by GP practices and local teams of health and care professionals
- understand how GP practices are planning on working together across local areas and what difference it will make to patients
- get an update on how we are working to ensure everyone is able to access safe and high quality hospital care into the future
- raise any concerns they have so they can be taken into account in planning for the future.
Dr Simon Dunn, Clinical Chair for NHS Canterbury and Coastal Clinical Commissioning Group, said: “We are very keen to hear the views of local people as we work together, making the most of our partnership across health and care to work more actively with our local communities to help people stay well.
"As well as providing some information on what we are doing to improve care at a local level, we want to understand people’s experiences of care to help shape the future of services.
“We look forward to seeing anyone with an interest in health and care in their local area.”
If you would like to attend please sign up to an event by contacting us at email@example.com, indicating which event you want to go to.